Sunday, November 12, 2017

God is Love

I am learning much of the nature of God and His Angels. Often times when we think of angels, we think of Moroni or Gabriel or Michael. While these are indeed angels, they are not always the angels that come into our lives. Visions can, and do, happen, but we don't have regular occurences of angels dressed in white or seeing Christ. Sometimes though, we are ministered to by people God has sent into our lives. These people are also considered angels, I have learned. I've been so blessed in my life to come across some of these angels God has sent to me for friends, and I am so grateful for this.

In the midst of my darkest times, I have been reminded that He still cares. Recently I was struggling with a deep, dark depression and some days were just too hard. The struggle is real, even though we may not always see it. During this time, there was not much that could convince me of a higher power or a Supreme Being. If there was indeed such a thing, I was sure He could never look at me again, would never love me. How could He, when I was the one monster I despised above all? What kind of God could love the girl who so willingly was turning her back on all she knew, to live a life of wordly happiness? When I looked in the mirror, all I could see was a screw-up, someone who didn't respect her God and the knowledge He had bestowed upon her enough to even think about talking to Him. I was so far gone, so far into the dark that I didn't even recognize myself. So how could God recognize me or bear to look upon me?

Since then I've discovered that my God is a God of love, mercy, and peace. His Son has already paid that price. I testify that there is nowhere so dark that God can't, or won't find us. No matter how much we run or hide, God will keep looking. He cannot be with us at every moment of every day, He has millions of children that need Him. But He does send angels to reach out and share His love. Sometimes we don't recognize them until after we find His love and grace again, and sometimes we may be that angel for others. Angels are real, God is Love, and His Gospel can help us find our way back to Him regardless of what we have done or how insignificant we might feel. Truth is, sometimes we just don't realize how 'good' God is until we really see how 'bad' satan is. Satan is a pretty scary dude sometimes, and so easy to listen to. The cool thing is, God is a thousand times(at least) more merciful and loving than satan is scary. And, a lot more amazing to listen to.

Always,
Leone

No comments:

Post a Comment